Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Newton, Philip wrote:
>

>>Simon Wilcox wrote:

> On the other hand, you could always write a local COM gateway on the
> windows box and convert the message to SOAP or somesuch. YMMV.

I've been playing in a very small way with SOAP and I'm sure I read
something in passing saying that all (most? some?) DCOM calls could be
readily SOAPified, so in theory this would be possible. MS is pretty
SOAP friendly anyway, so it may be your best bet for interoperability.

However, since Perl is a cross platform language, it should be simple to
move it from Linux to Win32, giving you all the benefits of COM
integration ;-)

--
Jonathan Peterson
Technical Manager, Unified Ltd, +44 (0)20 7383 6092