   Paul> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 04:13:33PM +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
 > chris@lexis:~$ perl -le'@a=($^O eq 'darwin')?qw(100453 81289 9159):qw
 > (23152 19246 2040);while(<>){chomp;push @b,$_ if grep {$.==$_}@a}push
 > @b,$^X;print ucfirst join(" ",@b[2,0,3,1]).","'</usr/share/dict/words

   Paul> I knew this couldn't possibly work, but damn it's funny!
   Paul>   Justness ANSI perl Hagen,
   Paul>   Track basic perl Riga,
   Paul> Paul, just another debian/solaris[0] admin

*grin* I know, I know.  It works on OS X and every Redhat and Mandrake
version I can find > 5 (via the tertiary on $^O), which is about as far
as I think I can get in 70x3.  Debian's is completely inconsistent,
changing across releases and upgrades and all sorts.

It was a cute idea, though.  (And it took me ages to work out how I was
going to get 'perl' in there, given that it's not in dictionary files)

Next up, pulling them straight from perlfaq1..  ;-)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a