* Leon Brocard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Paul Mison sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > "Announce should only be used for socials and technical meetings, and
> > only once for each of these, when the venue is announced"

boo and hiss to the nasty authority figures ;-) so how can we mere
mortals fight back against these evil record company style
figures. (the clue is in the comparison).

why brother and sister! we can fight the opressors with P2P of course!
(or just use the normal london.pm mailing list)

create a jabber bot that sits and sends anything sent to it to anyone
who has subscribed to it as soon as they come online, assuming they
come online before the date which it parses out of the original
message - now imagine a couple of these bots subscribed to each other
and we can have a network of social alerts, you can even add karma to
the inter bot relationships

--
Greg McCarroll                         http://www.mccarroll.org.uk/~gem/
                                   jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]