On 01/07/2002 at 17:06 +0100, Dave Cross wrote:

>You should almost certainly be looking at the Reefknot projects.
>They are building Perl-based shared calendar software based on
>iCal.
>
><http://reefknot.sourceforge.net/>
>
>At the various conferences last year there was a lot of talk,
>but very little software. Hopefully there will be more stuff
>written by now,

There was a talk at YAPC::NA which I didn't attend, but I talked to a
couple of the Boston-based folks working on it who said the gist was
'this is where we were, we haven't got much further, and these hard
problems are why'.

Shared calendaring is hard. Shared calendaring that needs to observe
timezones is *very* hard. Calendaring that does repeating events is
also hard. If you can avoid these requirements it might be easier.

iCal compliance is definitely something you should be aiming at,
though, even if it adds to the hardness.

--
:: paul
:: dave staugas loves bea hablig