On 15/07/2002 at 12:32 +0100, Kate L Pugh wrote:
>Some of us went to the Calthorpe Arms last Thursday, to see if it
>would be suitable for a future social meet.

Wasn't it Wednesday? Not that it's important, though.

>- Function room is big enough; it's certainly at least the size of the
>  area we generally squeeze ourselves into at the CoY, though it doesn't
>  have the advantage of quieter sections to retreat to.  It's also not
>  underground.  And we can have it for free.

I thought it smelt a bit funny, but it's probably just pubbish.

>- The food's not great.  The omnivore food seemed to be all deep-fried,
>  including Leon's "steak".  The veggie option (stuffed roast marrow)
>  wasn't bad, though.

I quite liked my food, but I'm not particularly worried about food quality.

>Comments?

Thanks for writing this up.

I'm minded to go here for the next social, on the 8th of August,
despite the beer festival going on, because I think more people will go
to a pub social than to a pay-to-get-in event.

Speak now, or hold your peace.

--
:: paul
:: dave staugas loves bea hablig