Hi folks,

I have a machine which can't seem to use ftp through LWP or LibNet, but can
when I just use the ftp command line program. If I try to use the
interactive automatic CPAN it just sits there waiting for the config files
to download

eg this doesn't work,

  lwp-download  ftp://ftp.plig.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz

but I can simply ftp ftp.plig.org and get the relevant file.

Any suggestions on how to gain more info to debug this system?

It is a RedHat 7.1 system.

I've had a look at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Config.pm and I can't see anything
obvious like entering in a non existant proxy or similar.

Sorry for asking a perl question on this list. I must be getting sloppy.

Alex McLintock

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/