the hatter wrote:

> [1] it wasn't in my mind to begin with, but while writing this bit, it
> struck me that it with a bit of html parsing, you could quite easily get a
> static html/template-based form page to be used, especially if you're
> willing to add some propriatory tags, eg. <INPUT TYPE="text"
> NAME="recipient"  VALIDATE="email"> and then have the parsing engine know
> what an email address, phone number, invoice number, etc look like.
> Anyone written anything like that already ?

Yes, for Telia UK (https://online.telia.co.uk). XML-based system where
you say "I want an e-mail address here" and it automatically performs
the required client- and server-side validation. All forms on the site
are built from different business objects, such as customers, dates,
e-mail addresses, etc.

It's also what the .Net development framework is about (i.e. building
systems out of logical blocks such as e-mail addresses and invoice
numbers, and the filling in all the backend code for you).

Ian

--
&xge&&s&$&ad4823&&&s&$&604df8&&&s&$&0d7e51d7018b9z&&&s&(\D)(.*)(\D)$&@_=