On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 03:29:38PM +0100, Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 03:13:43PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> >3: If the service is locked to a particular NIC on an Ethernet card?
> >   [I believe that I have been told that at least some versions of their service
> >    are, in which case it seems that you have to be able to run their software
> >    on a Windows or Mac capable of physically containing the Ethernet card from
> >    the device you actually want to use.
>
> For the versions which are:
>
> (a) it's tied to the MAC address of the card, which of course you can
> change;
>
> (b) you can get the designated MAC changed via their web site.

Thanks

But are they clever enough to let you reach that when the MAC address of the
card has changed? Or do you need to have a backup route to get to the web
site in case of unexpected card change (eg card or machine failure and
replacement)

I forgot to say thanks earlier to Mike Jarvis for his helpful comments.

Nicholas Clark
--
Befunge better than perl?      http://www.perl.org/advocacy/spoofathon/