On 11/10/02 10:16 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Which made me thing - is there a section on "books we wrote" on the
> london.pm site to give blatant free advertising plugs? [No]
>
> Would it be a good idea? Not sure. Because then we'd have everyone
> (even Matt Wright?) subscribing to london.pm just to get their link.
> And not all books are equal. I don't think we'd want to end up with
> the same page promoting Data munging with perl, Object oriented perl,
> Learning perl and some masterpiece by someone allergic to use strict;

It could be a long, dark, slippery slope, but I think that it's
possible to distinguish between "involved" perl mongers such as Dave,
and "freebie-seeking hangers on", who don't even come to a
meeting. There *is* a problem of perceived cliquishness, of course,
but... I dunno.

It would be a nice section of the site to have, and avoiding doing it
because we'll be obliged to include every screed turned out by every
mailing list member seems... like a very odd version of political
correctness. Mileages may vary.