On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, James Campbell wrote:

> You will need to install libpng, zlib and  the GD graphics lib before
> installing GD.pm
>
> I had real bother getting this to work on RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 but it did
> work OK on my Windows box (ActivePerl with cygwin).

I had a nagging feeling this was going to be the biggest obstacle. I've
tried before (admittedly not very persistently) and failed, but I suppose
I'll have to try again.

> The problems I had a most likely down to my inexperience but I can
> faithfully say that this caused me more hassle than *any* other module I
> have installed.

Hmm, that's encouraging... ;)

>  However as everyone else has stated, once it is installed using it is a
> sinch!

Yes, I'm feeling quietly optimistic now apart from actually getting
everything installed and working. Thanks for all the advice!

Mike