On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 01:04:49PM +0100, Mark Fowler wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
> > I've been thinking I should probably set up a white list, just to be on
> > the safe side.  Any mail that gets through Spamassassin, but isn't on
> > the white list goes to one of my mailboxes.  I don't suppose it's too
> > much work, but does anyone know of anything, preferably procmail
> > compatible, that just works?
>
> Some people like Mail::Audit for this kind of thing.

:-)

So I've heard.  But I've been happily using procmail for years, so I've
not seen a need to change.  Maybe this is it, but procmail will quite
happily filter stuff through Perl too.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 02:22:16PM +0200, Michael Lamertz wrote:
> Well, that may make sense in the eyes of a terrified father, but you
> should overthing that, because it's a privacy issue.
>
> My mother *NEVER* opened my letters as I would never look into the
> Mailbox of my wife, even though I'm root on all machines at home.

Terrified may be overstating it a little, but you are right about
privicy being an issue.  That's part of the reason why I would like to
do it right, including adding all addresses on outbound mail to the
white list.

At the moment, my children are all young enough that I want to know what
mail they are getting.  And my wife opens all my normal post anyway -
well, anything that looks interesting, the junk she leaves for me - so
that's not a major issue here either.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net