On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:57:40AM +0000, Alex McLintock wrote:
> I spotted this article referred to from Ecademy...
> Techweb: Defense Contractor Says Open-Source Software Is Good For
> Military > October 29, 2002
> http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20021029S0005
> The article says that the American Department of Defense quite likes Open
> Source software - *and* particularly mentions their heavy use of perl.

Yes, all the work that I did on OpenSSL, a lot of the work on TrustedBSD,
and some of the NSA's work on the trusted linux platforms plus some other
things were being sposored by DARPA and other branches of the US Military
Machine.

The way I see it is that the more time I can bill, the less they have
available to spend on a war with Iraq.

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002