Hello.

There was discussion last night if we should hold our January social
meeting on the 2nd or the 9th.

 Thursday 2nd Jan
  * It's our scheduled date.  Keeping to a schedule is good.
  * Everyone's back at work[1] so they need cheering up.
  * It's easy to get into any pub we want.
  * People might be off work and able to make it.

  Thursday 9th Jan
  * Everyone's sick to death of going out on the 2nd.
  * It'll be more fun going out a little further from Xmas.
  * More people might be around, i.e. not on holiday.
  * I'll be out of my annual week of not drinking by that point.

As there's pros and cons for both dates, this is one of those situations
where someone has to simply make a decision, and it would seem now that
someone is now me.

However, I said I'd ask everyone first, so this is me asking you.  Please
can you email me if you have any preference, or for any reason you might
not be able to make either dates.  Even if the reason is silly like "I
might still be hung over from the 1st" or "I'm away" or "Since I'm not at
work then I'll finally be able to make it".

Opinions last night were divided.  Please could those people I spoke to
last night who can't make the dates send me reminder emails (Discussions
down the pub should never be relied on)

Thanks.

Mark.

[1] May not be everyone