Perlmonger friends,

I'm going to be "off-topic" by actually being "on-topic" - yep, it's a Perl
question...

I am writing a Perl script to act as a filter for my FreeBSD's printer. It
currently prints very well, however, I want to divide the <STDIN> by the
number of characters it contains and place the results into an array.
Specifically, 78 characters per item in the array - to include spaces,
commas, "\n", etc. It'll only ascii based data which is sent to this
<STDIN>.

What am I doing? Well, the printer can only print a maximum of 78 characters
per line, so I want to break-up the line should it be greater that 78
characters, and output them one by one.

Many thanks!!!

Phil