Hi Andy,

        I think Lawrence Lessig and Richard Stallman should think a little
more about their audience.

        Yes ... we all read books and listen to music ... but a great
majority of us are also authors - we write web pages, emails, manuals,
specs, books, talks and programs (esp).

        Soon enough the 'rage against the machine' rhetoric is going to
sound tired ... both Lessig and Stallman, can choose to send a more
positive message (albeit a bit boring) ... the fact is no corporation ever
had an 'idea' ... 'ideas' are the property of individuals! And
intellectual property is about protecting them.

        It's what we do with IP rights that's important ... part of the
problem is letting authors know that they have power and that their
intellectual efforts can/should be rewarded!

NIge

Nigel Hamilton
Turbo10 Metasearch Engine

email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]