On 30/01/2003 at 16:25 +0000, Tony Kennick wrote:
I'm getting this (below) from mysql on solaris and something
disturbingly similar from php, which means I have done something stupid
or the time libraries are wrong.
The time libraries are right, but not what you expect.

In 1970, Britain observed GMT during the entire year, not just end March
-> end October. I assume Solaris knows about this historical quirk, even
if Linux doesn't.

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/british-time/

...'the experiment with British Standard Time from 1968 to 1972, by
which the time was advanced by one hour from GMT throughout the year. '

This could probably do with more Googling, to be honest.
--
:: paul
:: we're like crystal