Simon Wistow wrote:
I think I'm having a brain fart but I'm sure there was a module that
took a string with accented characters and turned them into the
equivalent ASCII (or close enough è to 'e' for example. I'm not
all that fussed about an EssSet to 'ss' or anything although that would
be nice.
Do you want to transcode common entities or do you want to flatten out accents? If the former, what you're looking for is likely to be HTML::Entities. If it's the latter then I'm also convinced that there is such a beast on CPAN, and I dimly remember it being in the Text:: namespace but I can't find it either. I recall that that operation has a name, but I can't seem to remember it...

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Engineer, Expway http://expway.fr/