Peter Sergeant wrote:
> > Nifty. However, the window change thing doesn't seem to
> > work when the job is started in the background
>
> I found that too, the work around is to specify the options
> explicitly:
>
> ./spinner -s "/-\|" 0.5 &

Just tried that; no dice. Resizing the window doesn't change the position
where the twirling baton is displayed.

Not a problem unless you like to resize your windows often (and can't be
bothered to stop and re-start the background process).

Cheers,
Philip
[email copies appreciated, since I read the digest]
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.