* Nick Woolley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> So, judging by this reccomendation and others I've seen, if I were going to
> learn a new language, it might be Ocaml.  Can anyone compare and contrast
> Perl6 and Ocaml?

No, however I can say that ML[1] is very rewarding until you try and
do anything involving interactive user input in it, then there is a
hurdle which you must cross and after that follows blind devotion and
madness.

However moving on, if you want to look at a real world Ocaml
application might i suggest the synchronisation tool Unison.

        http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/faq.html

It impressed me as it was the first thing implemented in a derivative
of ML that was actually useful.

[1] Which I `studied' at university for a few years and is the parent
of Ocaml.

--
***   Email address has changed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Please   ***