* Nick Woolley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 Mar 2003 5:37 pm, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > however I can say that ML[1] is very rewarding until you try and
> > do anything involving interactive user input in it, then there is a
> > hurdle which you must cross and after that follows blind devotion and
> > madness.
>
> Apparently OCaml has GTK and MySQL bindings, would that ameliorate this
> barrier?  Could it be used as a CGI language perhaps?

i used ML and motif once to create a multiuser diary and thats what i
was thinking of at the time i wrote the above, just having the
bindings would not make the mind trip you need to do
easier. functional languages are really cool for maths etc, but it
takes another leap of faith to move to interactive stuff, i'm not
saying interactive programming is bad in them i'm just saying it takes
a little bit of a head shift to feel happy doing it, at least for me.

Greg

--
***   Email address has changed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Please   ***