On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:17:34AM -0000, Blackwell, Lee [IT] said:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/mail_cclient/?topic_id=35%2C809
>
> It's a perl module thing to encapsulate the cclient stuff.

I love Mail::Clcient - it's fast, complete and does a shed load of
stuff.

Unfortunately the interface has a fair to middling suckage factor and,
when I was helping with Acmemail it was *the* number one installation
problem since you had you had to pop out of the automagic CPAN
installation and then get people to do something like

1. Download the latest verison of cclient
2. look in the make file for your architecture code (say slx for linux)
3. make slx
4. Download the latest version of Mail::Cclient
5. perl Makefile.PL CCLIENT_DIR=../imap-$version/c-client/

c.f http://www.astray.com/acmemail/stable/documentation.xml

whereas I want it to be easy to install.

Simon