On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 04:14:26PM +0100, Nicholas Clark said:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 07:06:41AM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> > Upgrade your Perl to something introduced within the last two years.
>
> This may not be a great time for anyone with a lengthy upgrade process to
> start:
>
> 5.6.0 sucks
> 5.6.1 is effectively unmaintained
> 5.8.0 is nice
> but 5.8.1 should be out soon.

Exactly my point. Lots of people I know didn't upgrade to 5.6.x for
suckiness reasons (percieved or otherwise) and won't upgrade to a .0 or
a .1 release in production environments.

Sad as it may be but saying "Upgrade to something in the last 2 years"
just isn't realistic, IMO.

--
it's a short link to a dead king