Alex McLintock wrote:
The discussions London.pm has about pub venues mirrors London Science Fiction fandom's problems too.
We recently vacated the Silver Cross pub on Whitehall because of double bookings, rude staff, lack of beer due to pipes being cut, and running out of beer.
We've recently moved to the Barley Mow near Barbican, and yesterday.....

they ran out of beer.

Alex McLintock

So, to recap..

Silver Cross pub to which you attended: ran out of beer

Barley Mow pub to which you attended: ran out of beer

Now, forgive me here, but does anyone else see a vague connection between the fact that the pub runs out of beer, and the fact that Alex was there? *grin*

Maybe that's the "silver bullet" to our hosting troubles. Wherever it is, we just have to make sure that Alex is the "designated driver" for the night! :)

Not popular? No, didn't think so!

Steve
=======