On Thu, 29 May 2003, Chris Andrews wrote:

<snip>

> There's a couple of modules which know about gTLDs and a handful of
> ccTLDs, and Net::Domain::ExpireDate seems to know about quite a few
> for the expiry date only, but a comprehensive module will be a
> maintenance nightmare.
>

> Chris.

Very much so.  I have to do minimal parsing of whois information as part
of my work for OpenSRS, and even for that, I run into maintainance
problems.  The biggest cause is that many of the registrars alter their
whois formats on a semi-regular basis, presumably to avoid easy parsing of
em for transfer information.

Mark.