On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> london.pm is now responsible for 9% of CPAN.
> It would be nice to get over 10%.

Damn, and to think yesterday I gave Andy Lester the okay to take a load of
code that I'd wrote called WWW::Mechanize::Ticky and refactor it into
WWW::Mechanize rather than uploading it to CPAN.

This got me thinking.  Is it better to try and add features to existing
modules (and/or distributions) or better to come up with independent
subclasses released by other people?  The later is much quicker to do, but
causes major headaches when it's time to refactor the interfaces between
modules.

Choices, choices.  Does the class have any words of wisdom on this
subject?

Mark.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -T