As you may have noticed from the bouncing and the irc server coming down
and the ganshing and the wailing the box which formerly hosted
thegestalt.org, astray.com, london.rhizomatic.net, annares.org,
huckvale.net and many many more domains ... is going bye bye. Instead
we're moving to a shiny new box.

All well and good.

So, the standard plan for migrating mail - put a .forward on old box
that redirects explicitly to new box and then chnage DNS.

Small problem with this - the old nameserver was ns0.astray.com and the
new one is ns0.geekflat.org

Except that my registrar (Joker.com who've never let me down before)
won't let me use ns0.geekflat.org for a variety of reasons. Mailing them
three times has elicted no response. Phoning them (in Dusseldorf) gets a
recorded message saying "use the web form" and then hangs up on you.

So I reason that this shouldn't be a problem since astray.com is moving
to kanga/ns0.geekflat.org as well so it should "all just work" [tm]

But no.

If I dig for ns0.astray.com I get this rather confusing result ...

ns0.astray.com.         1d14h52m15s IN A  195.82.114.160
ns0.astray.com.         2h52m15s IN CNAME  astray.com.
astray.com.             5h27m IN A      195.82.114.48

Anybody got any ideas what is going on?

(if so plz. to also be CCing my Yahoo address above since, obviously,
mail isn't reliable at the moment).

Simon

--
a compiler chain ate my soul