Quoting Jonathan Peterson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> 1) Under no circumstances live south of the river. This part of London
> is reserved for social outcasts who enjoy the complete absence of public
> transport (as opposed to the near abscence of it north of the river).

Yes please! Stay north! Go away! Nothing to see here, move along.

Hehehe. I love that particular meme, as Dave just pointed out us
southies are quite happy about it, since it keeps housing affordable.
I live in a four bed semi for the same price as a one bed flat in
Ealing, yet am closer to the City.

> London has much nice food, but it's all expensive. London has no cheap
> food, but many noodle bars provide a plate of hot food for about 6
> pounds, and sandwich shops (all run by Italians) provide big sandwiches
> for about 3.50 pounds. Pizza express provides pathetically small pizza's
> for about 6.00 pounds, and there's one on every other street.

The other thing is that to eat english food, you have to go to a pub at
lunch time. First time in London I asked people where I could get 'real
english food', as opposed to pizza, thai (Hi Randal), curry (debatable
if this now should be reclassified as 'real english food'), and sushi.
Result was a lot of blank stares. But for a good toad-in-the-hole any
pub will do.

> For a social life, I strongly suggest moving to somewhere sociable, like
> Brighton, or Leeds, or Manchester, or, I dunno, Leith.

I was severely rounded of by a collegue when I mentioned I had dinner
with my neighbours every other week. Very unlondon....

;-)
--
Merijn Broeren | 'I want to understand everything. I want to know every-
Software Geek  |  thing and put it all together to see what it means.'