On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:40:09PM +0200, Anders Hellstr?m wrote:
> > At 14.35 +0000 03-06-26, the hatter wrote:
> > >If you're measuring speeds, you obviously need a time unit to go with your
> > >length, I propose wider adoption of the millifortnight - about 20 minutes.
> >
> > I prefer the microfortnight, 1.2096 seconds.
>
> The best unit is the "millihelen" - which is defined as the amount of
> beauty required to launch one ship.

Now you're just making things up.  c.f. the MARS Book of Standards Weights
and Measures, a publication well-known in rocketry circles consisting
largely of measures and non-dimensioned units for in related applications.

Another obscure but official unit which I occassionally use in the correct
context is a jiffy, as in "just a jiffy", which is actually 1/50th (or
occassionally 1/60th of a second depending on what video standard you're
using)

the hatter