On Monday, July 7, 2003 12:46 +0100 Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do we have any unseen pubs on our hitlist? If not, where should we go?

The Old Monk, on, errm, that street that runs across the top of Mill St, above Conduit St.

It lacks a little atmosphere, but london.pm can provide its own. I think it meets most of our requirements:
central
good beer
food
large with a sort-of seperate area big enough for us
disabled-friendly

I wouldn't suggest it for an emergency social though, as it doesn't have the spark that makes a great pub.

The Pillars of Hercules ...

is a fine pub, and the guvnor has excellent taste in both computers and beer.

--
David Cantrell