Yahoo Europe recently launched a complete redesign (with masterminding,
machination and studly coding by at least two london.pm members - one of
whom recoded part of the search engine so that it simultaneously
searched, solved an arbitary n-dminsion moebius maze and was also
formatted to look like a squirrel playing a banjo [0])

Of the many cool features (well, I think they're cool. Please leave any
"Google 0wnZ! Y4h00! is d4 sUXz" arguments firmly out of the way) one of
them, Direct Display, allows us to inline relevant things at the top of
the page. For example

a Currency Converter
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?p=currency+converter

... Sports News ...
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?p=manchester+united

And my favourite ...
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?p=cal
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?p=cal+08+2003

I'm thinking of doing a link to search.cpan and maybe a "cow say"
feature

http://www.nog.net/~tony/warez/cowsay.shtml
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue67/orr.html

Anybody else got any bright ideas?

Simon

[0] may not *actually* have happened. Although I can see Alex's face and
the ObFu part of his brain is starting to throb in a worryingly "I've
just had an idea" way.

--
stay up late ... if we want to