If you look the original reply was to Steve who asserted that;

> The great thing about Spanish is that it's written exactly how it's
> pronounced - if it sounds like an a, you write an 'a'.  None of those
> silent endings or weird letter combos that actually sound completely
> different that French and English are so fond of.

So, my point is that an English speaker hears an 'H' and not a 'J', therefore it is not 'written exactly how it's pronounced'.

Now go try and be a pedant at someone else, I have work to do.* ;-)

* not that I particuarly want to do it, but they do pay me.