On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> > It seems like if you can get an instance of Access running with the file,
> > you should be able to use ODBC to extract the data.
>
> Indeed, but that would require running Windows, obtaining a copy &
> license for Access, not to mention all the faffing with DSN and connect
> permissions, AFAIK. In all, it would add to the number of my problems,
> rather than reduce them :-)

Isn't there a system that does have a license to run Access somewhere - ie
where the mdb file came from?

I agree that it's not ideal however neither is it ideal to be making the
conversions on a platform without full access to the data.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/           ADSL Broadband available now