On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Steve Mynott wrote:

> Most UK passports are still sufficient being machine-readable (mine is
> and its three years old) and the biometric requirement is currently only
> for new passports issued after 2004.

Indeed, the machine readable passports have been around for at least 10
years now (that's how long I've had one), the problem arises with
passports issued to UK citizens abroad which, I'm told, do not have the
machine readable strip on them in some cases.

As for the biometrics, well I should be safe until around 2013 given the
nice shiny new passport I got back in April. =)

A.

--
Adam Auden - UNIX Metal Geek
whois bimble.net