On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 05:38:23PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> On a conceptual level I have no particular problem with carrying an id
> card. Do I trust the government to get it right and to protect my data ?
> Not a bloody chance !

Especially since, given the Guv's love affair with MS, (and lack
of funding and training) all the data will probably be stored in a
Access "database" stored on a shared drive somewhere ... waiting for
SoBig.[J-Za-z0-9] to mail it to every possible email address in the
known universe.

Sorry: I'm feeling pissed after another day writing Perl programs
to analyse and report the 00's of PCs using up to 70% of the 10Gbit
backbone bandwidth at work ... and a couple of days after hearing that
the NorthEast's emergency response teams plans are all stored as ...
.doc and .mdb :-(
--
Chris Benson