On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 03:56:12PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:

> Which is why I heard that it's better to compress your content ahead of
> them and then *uncompress* it on the fly if the client says it can't
> read gzip content-transfer-encoding(?).

I don't do the uncompression on the fly, but do people think it's
reasonable for me to have bzipped files on my site?  Obviously, people
using sane systems can deal with them, but I have no idea whether those
stuck in the Microsoftian Dark Ages can.  In fact, can they easily deal
with gzips?

--
David Cantrell |  Reprobate  | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  "Dave, being Evil is no excuse for indenting like a moonshine-crazed lemur"
        -- Aaron Trevena