I've been looking at OpenBSD's spamd, which is a fake SMTP server that's
very very very slow, the idea being to waste spammers' resources. One
idea might be to redirect connections to port 25 from IPs in a
blackhole list to this process instead of the local SMTP server.
However, spamd does not actually accept emails. I'm looking for a
replacement that will, just, slowly, because:

        o  I'm not ready to start straight blocking email from IPs in a RBL
        o  Spammers operate on the margins - if I can push up their costs just
             a little by tying up their mail-sending application, great
        o  The server doesn't recieve a huge volume of email...
        o  Except from mail15, mentioned previously

Any thoughts welcomed...

+Pete

--
No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.
 -- Samuel Johnson