On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:59, Jason Clifford wrote;

  > For new businesses though other banks tend not to offer the service
  > without very large bonds, if at all.
  > I didn't have £5,000 to £10,000 to give to the bank for this.

I know of a company who were charged a £500,000 deposit for their
merchant account.  Probably to do with their turnover and market
though.  From what I understand that's the rough price of a payment
gateway where you only get charged 2.5%.

But you still get stung £25 for chargebacks.
--
Sam Vilain, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  The flush toilet is the basis of Western civilization.
ALAN COULT