On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:56:56AM +0100, Nick Cleaton wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:45:13AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > What's the etiquette for dealing with unresponsive module authors?
>
> I've found rt.cpan.org very handy for that.  One author failed to fix
> security problems in response to emails for over a year, but had a new
> version up within a couple of days being RTed about it.

But even that can take some time depending on the author. Heres one I did earlier :-

http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=2264

Subject   Clone 0.13 cuases Segfault
Created   Thu Mar 20 04:40:43 2003
Updated   Sun Sep 7 02:33:41 2003

Got fixed in the end but ended up replacing the module with a equivilent (storable).

Gook luck

Paddy