On 16 Dec 2008, at 19:17, Nicholas Clark wrote:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 07:08:18PM +0000, James Laver wrote:

With all of these code-based things going on, I'm inclined to suggest
a more disturbing challenge - overcomplicating "hello world"

Cheap joke I know, but isn't the canonical example of this simply to write it
in Java?

What does the most golfed down Java implementation look like?

I think the OTT Perl example would have tied 'hello' and 'world' supply variables, would use autoloader to create the method, use a couple of Acme modules, a regex to correct the capitalisation and just to be really silly, it would use Catalyst and Moose ;-)

G.