Finally slogging through my mail backlog after the holidays, and i find this:

On Dec 10, 2008, at 4:41 AM, Andy Wardley wrote:

PS I think we should make "Perl is Alive!" the unoffical secret verbal
handshake by which Perl mongers make themselves known to each other
(spoken in the style of Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon, of course). The correct response would be something along the lines of "Dispatch war rocket AJAX to bring back the document body from a server-side Perl web application handler powered by Catalyst, DBIx::Class, TT, Moose, and many of the other
fine modules available from CPAN that make Perl a robust and reliable
platform for enterprise-ready solutions". Hmm... might need to make the
response a little more snappy... but I think it's got promise  :-)

... and now i can sleep at night, knowing what has been elided by the ellipsis in the header on the new website. Thanks, Andy. Can we get a link to an audio clip of you reading that entire exchange in the style of Brian Blessed, please?

--
I hate to break it to you, but magic data pixies don't exist.
  -- Simon Cozens