On 22/09/2009, at 7:24 PM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:

As much as I like working from Lyon, in an office within walking distance from home, and while not dismissing the usefulness of Skype and VNC ...

I tend to work from home about 80% of the time, but the office is a 20 minute train/bike ride from home. On the other hand I did get a book written with the help of (at least) five people on (at least) four separate continents earlier this year, so can perfectly see the benefits of remote working. The 20% is important, and I like having a separate dungeon ^W office even if it's a pretty unpleasant environment to work in more than one day a week (windowless rooms in air conditioned offices !FTW)