Shraddha,

Let's zoom on flex-algo for now ...

There are two types of FAD:

   Local Flexible Algorithm Definition - Flexible Algorithm Definition
   defined locally on the node.

   Remote Flexible Algorithm Definition - Flexible Algorithm Definition
   received from other nodes via IGP flooding.

If you think that you can use local FAD definition all over the
network to add or remove specific
metrics from consideration at each node - then the point as already
indicated in the email to Ron
is that this is extremely fragile and will make lot's of network
meltdowns. This is not how IGPs
should work.

The real operational consistency comes with Remote FAD signaled by IGP
flooding. I do not
see how you can do the latter without ASLA.

Thx,
R.