Shraddha,

On 30/07/2021 15:22, Shraddha Hegde wrote:
Robert,

> Can anyone explain how do I map generic metric to selected network applications I am to run in the network ?

Which application uses which metric type is defined by the application.

imagine you have an application A and B and a link X. You advertise application independent metric M on that link X because you want application A to use it.

Application B is also enabled to use the metric M, but you do not want application B to use metric M on the link X (because you do not want application B to include the link X in its topology). How do you do that without ASLA? The answer is you can't.

thanks,
Peter

For example in flex-algo FAD defines which metric-type its going to use.

In SR-TE, the constraint list specifies which metric-type it is going to use.

Rgds

Shraddha

Juniper Business Use Only