But isn't this exactly where you would either start copying same data N
times if more then one app want to include given metric in its topo
computation ?

Or alternatively we would quickly get into mess of overlapping pools of
metrics used by app A and app B but not app C. I don't think
troubleshooting the network like this would be fun.

Consistent configuration on all nodes to use the same metrics for a given
app is also a challenge, but I guess FAD server push or general central
config push could help here.

Kind regards,
R.