Hi Acee,

On 14/10/2021 00:36, Acee Lindem (acee) wrote:
Speaking from the deepest, darkest depths of WG membership:

Again, assuming that putting this unreachability information in the IGPs is a good idea,
here are the things I like an don't like about "IGP Event Notification"

I like the fact that it reflects the ephemeral context of a route becoming unreachable in
that it only advertises the it once. I also like the fact that it uses separate PDUs to
advertise the unreachability information. What I don't like about it is that it is a
moderately radical change to the IGPs so we should be sure we really want to advertise
this information there. Also, I think the extensions could benefit from a discussion of
what happens if only a subset of the routers in the domain support it. One consideration,
would be an hello level notification of whether these "pulses" are supported.

yes, Event Notification is an innovative concept.

Given that the event notifications are optional in nature, it is sufficient for a subset of the routers to support it. Event notifications may be flooded only on a subset of the IGP topology. Obviously to get the full benefit, you would want all PEs to be part of it, but the incremental deployment is possible and fully functional.

And yes, similar to rfc7356, announcing the supported scopes for Pulse LSPs is possible.

thanks,
Peter

On 10/13/21, 6:11 PM, "Lsr on behalf of Acee Lindem (acee)" <lsr-boun...@ietf.org