Hi, Tony:

The ABR should do the summary work based on the liveness, right? If most of
addresses within the summary are unreachable/dead as it knows, should it
advertise the detail reachable/liveness instead of the misleading summary
address?
From this POV, we think the ABR or IGP should advertise as precise as liveness
information, not the reachable but dead information.
Pub/Sub style notification seems promising, but it will require the ABR store
the subscription state which will certainly degrade its performance.
On the other hand, let the receiver decides whether to utilize such information
is distributed design and more robust? There is no much work to be done when
they receive the PUAM message. Just to judge the originator of the prefix is
valid or not.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom