Hi Robert,

On 29/11/2021 13:58, Robert Raszuk wrote:
Hey Peter,

    think of it as LSP with the lifetime of 60 sec. Nothing magical
    about it.

That 60 sec is not long enough.

If folks do not want to quickly detect the failure by iBGP by running BFD def iBGP holdtime is 180 sec ! So right there if you timeout PULSE after 60 sec the broken best paths may kick in again. If anything I recommend you make it min. 200 sec.

ok, whatever we believe is sufficient.

thanks,
Peter

     > Well unless you are going to send it in completely separate
    LSAs/LSPs
     > what you state above may not be really true.

    have you read draft-ppsenak-lsr-igp-event-notification-00?
    It is using a completely new set of PDUs for its operation.

Sure. That comment was more towards proposed PUA encoding.

Thx,
R.