Hi Aijun,
thank you for confirming that it is not the conclusion one can arrive based
on my discussion with Robert. Secondly, the problem you describe, I
wouldn't characterize as a scaling issue with using multi-hop BFD
monitoring path continuity in the underlay network. In my opinion, it is an
operational overhead that can be addressed by an intelligent management
plane or a few extensions in the control plane that is setting an overlay.
Since the management plane is usually a proprietary solution, I invite
anyone interested in working on BFD auto-configuration extensions in the
control plane. I much appreciate references to the use cases that can
benefit from such extensions.

Regards,
Greg