Aijun,

On 05/01/2022 16:20, Aijun Wang wrote:
[WAJ] The above remote information must be configured manually on the local
device. It is paired by manual. Thinking there are many links among the ASBRs,
would you like to configure them manually for every remote ends on each link?
We are looking for the automatic pairing solution.
The prefixes that associated with the stub link can assist to accomplish this
task automatically.

If the ISIS/OSPF adjacency is not formed over the link, you need to manually configure remote endpoint parameters. Defining a new TLV is not going to make any difference.

Using the local subnet information for identifying two endpoints of the same link does not sound appealing to me.

We have link local/remote IDs (and IP addresses) to pair the two endpoints of the link in both OSPF and ISIS. We do not need another mechanism for the same. In addition, what you propose does not work for unnumbered links.

I don't see a need for the new stub-link advertisement.

thanks,
Peter