Hi, Peter:

Aijun Wang
China Telecom

> On Jan 5, 2022, at 23:57, Peter Psenak <ppsenak=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>
> wrote:
>
> Aijun,
>
>> On 05/01/2022 16:20, Aijun Wang wrote:
>> [WAJ] The above remote information must be configured manually on the local
>> device. It is paired by manual. Thinking there are many links among the
>> ASBRs, would you like to configure them manually for every remote ends on
>> each link? We are looking for the automatic pairing solution.
>> The prefixes that associated with the stub link can assist to accomplish
>> this task automatically.
>
> If the ISIS/OSPF adjacency is not formed over the link, you need to manually
> configure remote endpoint parameters. Defining a new TLV is not going to make
> any difference.

[WAJ] Automatic Pairing and Manual Pairing has big differences for operators.

> Using the local subnet information for identifying two endpoints of the same
> link does not sound appealing to me.
>
> We have link local/remote IDs (and IP addresses) to pair the two endpoints of
> the link in both OSPF and ISIS. We do not need another mechanism for the
> same. In addition, what you propose does not work for unnumbered links.

[WAJ] The unnumbered link is seldom used within the operator network,
especially for the boundary link. The proposed solution can cover almost all
the stub-link related scenarios.

> I don't see a need for the new stub-link advertisement.

[WAJ] Such TLV/sub-TLV can also be used to transfer the attributes that related
to the edge computing servers.